In this episode, we delve into the topic of sinking funds and how they can benefit you financially. Sinking funds serve as a means to save money over time for unexpected expenses, such as vet bills, car repairs, medical expenses, and annual subscriptions. It is important to note that sinking funds are separate from emergency funds, which are designed to cover living expenses in case of job loss. By incorporating sinking funds into your financial plan, you can effectively plan and prepare for unforeseen expenses without having to dip into their regular budget.
In this episode I share:
- What is a sinking fund?
- Practical strategies for sinking funds to save money
- How to escape debt with these funds
- How to use sinking funds to help you get to financial freedom
- Ditch the 9-5 and Go Debt-Free
- Free Budget Template
- Free Training: How to Start Your Freelancing Business to go Debt-Free
- Passion to Profit and On to Debt-Free Workbook
Don’t Miss Last Week’s Post:
Connect with Megan:
- Follow on Instagram @thedebtfreeceo
- Website – meganmendez.com
- Join The Debt-Free CEO FB Community – The Debt-Free CEO Community
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pinterest – pinterest.com/meganmendez__/
More About The Debt-Free CEO Podcast
Are you tired of getting yourself further into debt month after month? Does your mindset around money play a factor in your family’s spending? Do you struggle with knowing which debt to pay off first and how to keep yourself from going further into debt? Maybe you’re a freelancer who struggles with how much to pay yourself each month making it difficult to create a working budget.
In this podcast, you will learn ways to manage your finances to set you on the path to debt-free and on to financial freedom.
I’m Megan Mendez, and I was a tired teacher needing to get out of debt to leave the classroom for good. In 2021, paid off $53,000 worth of debt in 12 months and started my freelancing business shortly after. I’ve been able to successfully pay myself as a business owner and continue on the path to financial freedom and now I want to help YOU do the same!
My hope is that this podcast gives you tactical tips to help you improve your finances and set you and your family’s future up for success. I hope you’ll join me as we journey to financial freedom together.