Most of us work hard at having financial freedom, paying off debt and paying attention to how we save our money. But not many of us do things in a nontraditional way. We tend to stick to what we know works and what is safe.
In today’s episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing Sierra Scacco, a scaling coach and entrepreneur who made a bold and nontraditional decision with her husband and children that had significant financial involvement.
Sierra shares her inspiring journey of starting her business while caring for her young son, and how she transitioned from copywriting to coaching. She also reveals a major life change she and her husband made, which involved renting out their home and living in a travel trailer.
Sierra gives insights into the financial considerations behind this decision and discusses their debt situation, including student loan debt, car loans, and medical debt. Her story is inspiring and helps us gain valuable insights on taking calculated risks and managing finances on your entrepreneurial journey.
In this episode we share:
- How Sierra made a nontraditional decision to live in a travel trailer to be closer to her husband’s work and avoid the high cost of buying a new house
- Started her own business as a scaling coach after leaving her initial career as a copywriter
- Prioritizing being debt-free, avoiding student loan debt, and managing their other debts, such as car and medical bills
- The ways in which making unconventional decisions can lead to exciting opportunities and financial freedom
- Ditch the 9-5 and Go Debt-Free
- Finances as a Freelancer: How to pay yourself monthly
- Free Budget Template
- Free Training: How to Start Your Freelancing Business to go Debt-Free
- Passion to Profit and On to Debt-Free Workbook
Connect with Sierra:
- Follow on Instagram – @sierra.scacco
Don’t Miss Last Week’s Post:
Connect with Megan:
- Follow on Instagram @meganmendez__
- Website – meganmendez.com
- Join The Debt-Free CEO FB Community – The Debt-Free CEO Community
- Email – email@example.com
More About The Debt-Free CEO Podcast
Are you tired of getting yourself further into debt month after month? Does your mindset around money play a factor in your family’s spending? Do you struggle with knowing which debt to pay off first and how to keep yourself from going further into debt? Maybe you’re a freelancer who struggles with how much to pay yourself each month making it difficult to create a working budget.
In this podcast, you will learn ways to manage your finances to set you on the path to debt-free and on to financial freedom.
I’m Megan Mendez, and I was a tired teacher needing to get out of debt to leave the classroom for good. In 2021, paid off $53,000 worth of debt in 12 months and started my freelancing business shortly after. I’ve been able to successfully pay myself as a business owner and continue on the path to financial freedom and now I want to help YOU do the same!
My hope is that this podcast gives you tactical tips to help you improve your finances and set you and your family’s future up for success. I hope you’ll join me as we journey to financial freedom together.